Founding & Managing Partner
New York, Los Angeles
Main: +1 213.568.6062
Direct: +1 213.210.9288
Chris is the founding and Managing Partner of HAN LLP, a business law firm based in New York City and Los Angeles.
Chris dedicates his practice to helping clients resolve complex business disputes. He represents privately held companies, partnerships, private investment funds, startups, and emerging companies in cases involving commercial disputes in contracts, deals, corporate governance issues, misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty, and other business torts.
He also routinely advises business owners on legal issues involving starting and running a company, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, working with consultants and advisors, corporate governance, licensing and protection of brands and intellectual property, and general risk management practices.
Chris began his legal career as a litigation associate at a nationally recognized law firm in Boston and later in law firms in New York City. As a litigation team member in those firms, Chris handled many commercial disputes, including investment disputes relating to foreign investors' participation in the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program.
While in law school, Chris served as a judicial intern to the Honorable William G. Young, U.S.D.J. in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and the now retired Honorable Frank J. Bailey in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court – District of Massachusetts.
Before attending law school, Chris worked in the Legal and Compliance Practice at Corporate Executive Board (now Gartner), a global best practices and technology firm in Arlington, Virginia. As a senior quantitative analyst at CEB, he advised legal and compliance executives in Fortune 100 companies on the risks of employee misconduct arising from an unethical corporate culture based on data-driven insights.
Selected to Southern California and New York Metro Rising Stars by Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters company, from 2018 to 2023.
- Represented a New York-based investment management firm in disputes involving breach of convertible notes.
- Represented a garment joint venture company in a derivative lawsuit on behalf of its majority shareholder against the company's Chief Executive Officer on claims of breach of fiduciary duty, corporate waste, and misappropriation of business opportunity.
- Represented a consulting company against a prominent television personality in the food and restaurant industry in litigation on claims for breach of contract and interference of business opportunity.
- Represented an individual investor in litigation against a New York-based real estate investment firm for fraud, misrepresentation, and conversion of the investor's funds relating to a purported real estate development project in Cambodia.
- Represented investor-limited partners in a private investment company based in California against its fund manager in litigation for claims for breach of fiduciary duty, securities fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, and leading to the disgorgement of investment capital by the fund manager in connection with the investigation by the SEC.
- Defended a family office hedge fund in litigation involving claims relating to an alleged breach of the guaranty agreement.
- Obtained summary judgment over $1.8 million for breach of a promissory note against a New York-based garment wholesaler and fashion design company on behalf of Chinese garment manufacture.
- Successfully represented a consumer technology company based in Hong Kong in litigation in the U.S. for breach of purchase agreement against its vendor, leading to a favorable settlement for the client.
- Successfully represented a consumer electronics company based in Texas in connection with an alleged trademark infringement claim asserted by a major U.S. electronics company through a cease-and-desist letter.
- Successfully defended a private real estate trust fund in litigation involving allegations of misrepresentation and fraud brought by a purported purchaser of high-value real estate property by obtaining a complete dismissal of the case.
- Successfully resolved an action involving an alleged breach of warranty lawsuit brought against a California-based kitchen appliance manufacturer.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law (Honors: Moot Court Board Director for the Esdaile Moot Court)
- B.A., University of California, Irvine
- New York
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Western District of New York
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- Mandarin Chinese